Monday, September 12, 2011

Kohl's Scholarship for Max

Kohl's says I can finally talk about the Regional Scholarship they gave me for my Varsity Strings work. I wrote an essay about Varsity Strings and our adventures, and won a $1000 Kohl's Cares Scholarship for the University of California, San Diego. I was one of only two winners from the whole San Diego region of California. They also gave me a gift card, which I bought my guitar belt buckle with.
Kohl's is a great place, 
I buy all my clothes from there anyway!

Here I am with the poster that's in all the San Diego County stores, they also gave me a copy of the poster and it's pretty sweet:


The only thing I don't understand is that a lot of the other winners are like 12-15 years old. What are they going to do with the scholarship prizes? (I think I'm one of the only Kohl's Cares winners who is actually going to college this year!)

No comments:

Post a Comment